The Wildcat Leadership Institute (WLI) is committed to the development, practice, and recognition of leadership opportunities for our Chico State community. Our campus and local community offer several experiences for students, faculty, and staff to advance their leadership skills. Through creation, collaboration, and promotion, the WLI can connect YOU to these opportunities and better equip YOU to lead on campus, in our community, and in the workplace.
The Wildcat Leadership Institute inspires, enhances, and recognizes leadership experiences for members of our campus community. We serve as a bridge between academic, co-curricular, and employment experiences that prepare participants to lead on campus, in our community, and in the workplace. Through creation, collaboration, and promotion, we connect participants to valuable, relevant, inspiring, and diverse leadership experiences to enhance their Chico Experience.
The Wildcat Leadership Institute exemplifies the Chico Experience and contributes to Chico State being a premier leadership campus by helping students and professionals advance and apply their leadership skills.
- Providing, promoting, and recognizing programs and experiences that are accessible, meaningful, and desired by all students, faculty, and staff.
- Advancement of individualized leadership through personal and professional value determination, connection to opportunities and experiences, and development of skills.
- Value-added collaborations across campus, in the Chico community, and with employers.
- Being a premier leadership institute for students’ choice of college and employers’ selection of graduates.
- Graduates that are prepared to lead and make positive impact in their workplace and communities.
- Sustainable growth and development of the Wildcat Leadership Institute.
The five-year strategic plan articulates a bold vision and implementation plan for the WLI. It is the beginning of something great -but also the support and continuation of years of meaningful academic and co-curricular experiences, programs, and opportunities… See More
The Wildcate Leadership Institue Advisory Board is comprised of professionals from diverse industry and leadership backgrounds. The purpose of the board is to:
- Contribute expertise to the Wildcat Leadership Institute Strategic Plan, topics for leadership workshops/trainings, and the Institute Certification Series.
- Provide feedback about the design and content for the annual survey administered to employers about candidate job readiness.
- Provide connections and insight that will increase the likelihood of Wildcat Leadership Institute graduates’ initial job placement.
- Contribute ideas and expertise to assist in building the reputation of the Wildcat Leadership Institute and increasing employers’, community members, and colleagues’ from across campus confidence in Wildcat Leadership Institute programs and participants’ ability to lead in the workplace.
We are honered to have the following professionals serve on the WLI Advisory Board:
- Linda Clark-Borre, CEO for Northern California Adaptive Living Center and College of Business Lecturer
- Donovan Davis, Talent Acquisition Manager for Enterprise Holdings
- Joe Kessing, Regional Claims Manager for Federated Insurance
- Nicole Lung, Associate Quality Assurance Engineer for Workday
- Malcolm McLemore, Program Coordinator for Student Life and Leadership/Fraternity and Sorority Affairs
- Megan Odom, Director of the Chico State Career Center
- Tray Robinson, Director of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion
- David Scotto, Senior Vice President and Chief Learning Officer for Sedgwick
- Anna White, Director of Talent Acquisition for Build.com