Freshman Leadership Opportunity (FLO) is a program designed specifically for first year students who are looking for ways to get involved with the Chico State campus and community. Students make connections with other students, discover their leadership potential and interests, and find ways to get involved with leadership opportunities across campus. FLO is a year-long program that focuses on making connections and self-awareness during the fall semester and shadowing leaders and choosing your leadership path during the spring semester.
How to Apply
Applications are due at the beginning of the fall semester. To apply to be a part of the 2017-2018 FLO program, please click here.
- Must be an incoming first-year student at CSU, Chico
- 2-3 hours per week attending meetings, programs and events on Wednesday evenings from 6-8 pm for both the fall and spring semesters
- Prior leadership experience is not a prerequisite to this program
What You Will Get from the Freshman Leadership Opportunity Program
- Make connections with other first-year students
- Learn how to get involved on campus and in the local community
- Gain team-building skills through a collaborative project
- Develop personally and professionally through creation of a leadership portfolio
- Earn the WLI Certificate of Leadership Development
Have questions about the FLO program?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us in BMU 220.