We are excited to announce that we have teamed up with Cards for Courage and Enloe Hospital to create appreciation cards for some of our amazing local caregivers. We hope you’ll join us and make a card…or many cards!
How Can You Help?
- Get your card-making materials together.
- Pens, colored pencils, crayons, paints, or other writing and coloring implements.
- Material for the card: blank cards (can be found on Amazon for less than $10), card stock, or construction paper are preferred. No envelope needed.
- Design your card!
- Create an eye-catching, impactful cover. Examples here.
- Write a thoughtful note on the inside. We have included an example note below.
- Repeat! Make as many cards as you can.
- Email email@example.com for information on how to mail your cards in.
- Log your participation on CAVE’s GivePulse page (required for CAVE volunteers making up hours, and highly recommended for everyone else.)
What Happens Next?
CAVE staff will collect the cards and provide them to Enloe Hospital to be distributed in a way they think will be most meaningful to their amazing staff.
Please turn in your cards by October 26th.
I hope this card finds you healthy and happy. On behalf of Chico State CAVE [and your other organizations], I wanted to thank you for being so courageous during this time to ensure the safety of residents in Chico and the surrounding areas. You are so very special!
[your first name]
Chico State student
Things to Avoid in Your Cards
- Religious language
- Overemphasis on heroism
- Swear words
- Anything too personal