YURT RENTALS FOR WINTER 2018 ARE OPEN!
A yurt is a canvas and wood hut designed to protect campers from the elements, complete with a wood stove to keep you warm at night. Our yurt is located in the backcountry of Lassen National Forest near Butte Meadows, with access to great outdoor recreation. For full details please review our yurt manual.
It is available to rent for $50 per night for CSU, Chico Students and $75 per night for all others.
To make a reservation request please complete the following steps:
- View the yurt’s online calendar to see if your desired dates are available. Please note that 12/1/17 is the earliest available date and 3/31/18 is the latest available date.
- If your date is available, complete a reservation request.
- Select the date you would like to begin your stay. All stays are scheduled as overnight. Example: If I select December 1st I would arrive on the 1st and leave on the 2nd.
- If you want multiple nights then mention this in the comments box.
- Do not worry about start and end times. Check-in is always 2pm and check-out is always 1pm.
- We’ll respond within a few days.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does the yurt have beds or cots?
No, you will need to bring sleeping bags and pads.
How many people can the yurt sleep comfortably?
6 – 8 people depending on their size.
Is there a water source?
Colby Creek is just a few hundred yards from the yurt. You will need to boil or chemically treat this water.
What is provided with the yurt?
A wood burning stove and firewood, 2 burner propane stove (propane not provided), lighters and matches, cooking pots, pans and utensils, table, chairs, cleaning supplies and a pit toilet.
What will I need to bring to the yurt?
Food, sleeping bags and pads, small propane tanks (example), personal clothing, headlamps, fire starting materials (newspaper, small starter logs, or kindling).
Where is the yurt located?
Near Butte Meadows, along Colby Creek in Lassen National Forest. Here is a link to the location in Google Maps.
How do I get to the yurt?
It is a 1.3 mile hike, ski, or snowshoe to reach the yurt.
Are dogs allowed at the yurt?
Yes, if they are well behaved and their owners clean up after them. Outside of the yurt users should follow Lassen National Forest’s regulations.
What is the cost?
$50 per night for CSU, Chico students and $75 per night for all others.
How do I reserve certain dates?
Payment is required to reserve your dates. This can be done by following the steps at the top of this page.
If you have questions, please contact Keith Crawford at (530) 898-4378.