YURT RESERVATIONS FOR WINTER ’19 BEGIN OCTOBER 1, 2018.
The reservation links below will not work until that time. The yurt will be available to stay in from 12/1/18 until 3/31/19.
A yurt is a canvas and wood hut designed to protect campers from the elements, complete with a wood stove to keep you warm at night. Our yurt is located in the backcountry of Lassen National Forest near Butte Meadows, with access to great outdoor recreation. For full details please review our yurt manual.
It is available to rent for $50 per night for CSU, Chico Students and $75 per night for all others.
To make a reservation request please complete the following steps:
- View the yurt’s online calendar (switching to month view is recommended) to see if your desired dates are available. Please note that 12/1/18 is the earliest available date and 3/31/19 is the latest available date.
- If your date is available, complete a reservation request.
- Select the date you would like to begin your stay. All stays are scheduled as overnight. Example: If I select December 1st I would arrive on the 1st and leave on the 2nd.
- If you want multiple nights then mention this in the comments box.
- Do not worry about start and end times. Check-in is always 2pm and check-out is always 12pm.
- We’ll respond within a few days.
We are not able to offer refunds once a reservation has been paid for unless we cancel your reservation. If you cannot make a reserved date, including due to inclement weather, we will be happy to move your reservation to another available date for the current winter.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the yurt have beds or cots?
No, you will need to bring sleeping bags and pads.
How many people can the yurt sleep comfortably?
6 – 8 people depending on their size.
Is there a water source?
Colby Creek is just a few hundred yards from the yurt. You will need to boil or chemically treat this water.
What is provided with the yurt?
A wood-burning stove and firewood, 2 burner propane stove (propane not provided), lighters and matches, cooking pots, pans and utensils, table, chairs, cleaning supplies and a pit toilet.
What will I need to bring to the yurt?
Food, sleeping bags and pads, small propane tanks (example), personal clothing, headlamps, fire starting materials (newspaper, small starter logs, or kindling).
Where is the yurt located?
Near Butte Meadows, along Colby Creek in Lassen National Forest. Here is a link to the location in Google Maps.
How do I get to the yurt?
It is a 1.3 mile hike, ski, or snowshoe to reach the yurt.
Are dogs allowed at the yurt?
Yes, if they are well behaved and their owners clean up after them. Outside of the yurt users should follow Lassen National Forest’s regulations.
What is the cost?
$50 per night for CSU, Chico students and $75 per night for all others.
How do I reserve certain dates?
Payment is required to reserve your dates. This can be done by following the steps at the top of this page.
What is the refund policy?
We do not offer refunds. If there is extremely bad weather we may let you move your reserved date(s) to another date that is available.
If you have questions, please contact Tom Hamm at (530) 898-6347.