No refunds are given unless the outing is canceled by Adventure Outings. Inform the Adventure Outings office if you decide to sell your spot and bring your receipt to the office. However, if you do not sell your spot, you will not be reimbursed if you choose not to go on the trip. Due to the unpredictability of nature and other unforeseeable circumstances, trip locations, times, dates, and the method of travel are subject to change with or without notification.
The AO Philosophy (what we expect of you):
- In order to maintain high safety standards, all participants must comply with the procedures and practices of Adventure Outings as explained by the trip leaders.
- Participants and staff will treat everyone with respect.
- A clear head and fast, sure actions are essential for the safety and success of each trip. Drug and alcohol use on an outing is against AO policy and is not permitted.
- You are a full member of a team, and we depend on each other for safety. In case of an emergency, and because we work in remote areas, we may request and expect your assistance.
- Participants should respect the fragile wilderness areas that we use.
- Violation of these principles may result in expulsion. If you are asked to leave a trip because of misconduct, you will forfeit trip fees and receive a charge for evacuation from the backcountry.
What you can expect of Adventure Outings:
- Trained student trip leaders.
- Freedom from discrimination regardless of age, race, religion, national origin, disability, gender, and sexual orientation.
- A supportive learning environment free from physical or verbal harassment.
- Real challenges and meaningful learning experiences. We will inform you of anticipated curriculum and risks, but it must be understood that unanticipated situations occur and expectations may not be met. We promise that we will do all within our power to make this a meaningful experience.