The Parent Advisory Board is comprised of four to seven parents of children enrolled at the Center. Its purpose is to plan events that are identified by parents of children enrolled in the program as supporting them as parents.
Four parents are elected to serve on the program Board of Directors. The Board of Directors serves as the advisory body on matters pertaining to policies specific to the AS Children’s Center/Child Development Lab.
Opportunities for parental involvement include:
- Giving feedback on Center policies and issues
- Attending and/or assisting with Center social events
- Joining the Parent Council Board as a Room Representative, Executive position or Chair of a committee
- Participating in various fundraising-events throughout the year
- Participating in the classroom
- Special projects