Freshman Leadership Opportunity (FLO) is a program designed specifically for first-year students who are looking for ways to get involved with the Chico State campus and community. FLO provides students with the opportunity to identify and develop leadership skills and qualities within themselves, and then reflect and determine ways to implement these skills into their lives. FLO is a year-long program that will strive to provide students with a sense of community and support as we navigate this semester online and to provide mentorship for students throughout the year. We also encourage students to explore other opportunities across campus to get involved in our diverse network of students and programs.
How to Apply
Applications will available online on Wildcat Sync and will close on September 4, 2020. To apply to be a part of the 2020-2021 FLO program, please click here.
- Must be an incoming first-year student at CSU, Chico
- 2-3 hours per week attending meetings, programs and events on Wednesday evenings from 6-8 pm
- Prior leadership experience is not a prerequisite to this program
What You Will Get from the Freshman Leadership Opportunity Program
- Make connections with other first-year students
- Develop professionally through workshops and public speaking
- Develop personally through reflective journaling and a Leadership Portfolio
- Learn about opportunities to get involved on campus and in the local community
- Receive one unit upon completion of the program
- We will have weekly meetings on Wednesdays, from 6-8pm
Have questions about the FLO program?
Contact us at email@example.com or visit us in BMU 221