We promote environmental quality through education and advocacy. Interns are actively involved in local, regional, and global issues. Environmental Advocates is comprised of interns who share a concern for environmental quality and a willingness to work toward safeguarding the environment.
Did you know…
- Most of Butte County does not meet the State ambient air quality standards
- Butte County received a “C” grade on the American Lung Associate’s State of the Air 2014 report card
- Chico is ranked in the top 69 most polluted cities in the U.S. for smog
- Chico is ranked 41 for 24-hour particle pollution (soot)
- Chico is ranked 118 for annual particle pollution out of 277 metropolitan areas
- The burning of fossil fuels for transportation, heat, and electricity is the largest source of greenhouse gas pollution caused by humans
- In 2014 there were 300 incidents of couches being lit on fire in Chico
The water forums will take place in ARTS 106 from 6-7:30pm.