Want to Earn Credits, Make a Difference, Meet People, and Have Fun?
An Internship with AS Sustainability might be perfect for you!
Internships are available at the start of each semester:
- Get Involved! Meet friends, have fun, and make a difference!
- Gain leadership experience to add to your resume!
- Initiate positive change on your campus!
How to Apply:
Spring 2018 Syllabus (Click for PDF)
Intern with one of our Project Teams:
The AS Sustainability Center exists to ignite a passion in the campus community to be active in protecting and restoring the earth. We do this by researching, imagining, and creating solutions that address environmental and cultural problems. The overall goal of the internship program is to offer students the opportunity to engage in student driven and action oriented projects and activities. Throughout the semester, students will work directly with a program staff member to implement the goals of a specific initiative, participate in the broader activities of the Sustainability Center, and see a project through from start to finish. Students will choose one of six focus options for their internship.
- Green Events: Organizes annual events such as Campus Sustainability Day as well as collaborates with event planners across campus to create zero waste and sustainable events.
- Real Food Challenge: Works with AS foodservice and the national organization to reach a goal of providing 20% Real Food by 2020. The focus is to enter and analyze purchasing data as well as communicating the results to the campus community.
- Education and Outreach: Strives to increase awareness and action by organizing interactive workshops, field trips, and campaigns.
- Graphic Design and Media: Promotes the activities of the center through the creation of posters, video, and social media content.
- Compost and Garden: Manages the AS compost and garden area as well as hosts workshops, field trips, and volunteer days.
- Sustainability Fund: Hosts grant workshops, manages finances, and performs administrative duties in support of the student sustainability grant program.