The Spring 2021 AS Sustainability Funding cycle is now open. Applications are due Tuesday, March 30th by Noon. If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the Sustainability Fund?
Each semester there is a pool of about $50,000 for student-led sustainability projects!
Where does it come from?
In 2006, students voted to increase their fees by $5/semester to support the creation of the AS Sustainability Program and Fund.
How much can I get?
Students can apply for up to $5,000 in each project proposal. Larger projects are acceptable, however, will require a more involved process and additional approvals.
How do I apply?
1. Think of a bright sustainability idea that will help the planet and the campus community.
2. Attend a workshop! All groups must attend at least one workshop to be considered eligible for the funding process (Please note that faculty and staff are not eligible for this funding). Even if you have attended a previous workshop, you must attend again for each funding cycle to learn of any new requirements.
All workshops will be hosted over Zoom (link here). Workshop dates, times are as follows:
- Workshop 1: Friday, February 19th, 3-4 p.m.
- Workshop 2: Wednesday, February 24th, 1-2 p.m.
- Workshop 3: Thursday, March 4th, 4-5 p.m.
- Workshop 4: Wednesday, March 10th, 5-6 p.m.
3. Proposals require signatures from all collaborators. Make sure to communicate with all your collaborators in advance.
4. Complete the SFAC Project Proposal form (PDF).
5. Submit your proposal by Tuesday, March 30th, at Noon.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com with SFAC in the subject line.
Forms for applicants:
Additional Information for Applicants:
SFAC Project Highlights: