Certificates offered during the Spring 2019 Semester
How to Apply
New applications are accepted each semester. Click on the Certificate links above to learn more about a specific certificate. Please note that there is a separate application for each certificate.
What you will get from the WLI Certificate Series
- Develop leadership skills that employers recruiting at Chico State have identified as desirable
- Learn how to describe your skills and experiences on your resume and at Career Fairs
- Network with employers and alumni
- Recognition and Certification for demonstration of your leadership talents and abilities
- Eligible for membership in the 1887 Leadership Society after earning 4 certificates
According to the 2017 National Association of College and Employers (NACE) survey, the top skills employers across the nation are looking for in new college graduates include the ability to work in a team, solve problems, communicate, and leadership.
Each summer, WLI staff partners with the Career Center to survey employers who recruit at Chico State. Employers identify the specific skills they seek when recruiting on our campus.
The WLI certificate series incorporates the results of the NACE and Career Center surveys to help students develop leadership skills that will increase their job marketability and preparedness.
Have questions about the Certificate Series?
Contact us at email@example.com or visit us in BMU 221.