The Certificate of Leadership Development is the first certificate in the WLI Certificate Series. It is based upon Strengths-Based Leadership and employers’ desire for new hires to have a thorough understanding of their strengths and how to contribute them to a group project. New WLI participants are encouraged to begin with this certificate, although it is not required.
How to Apply
New applications are accepted each semester. To complete the Certificate of Leadership Development during the Spring 2019 semester, please click here.
- 2-3 hours per week attending meetings, programs, and events (for one semester)
- Prior leadership experience is not a prerequisite to this certificate
What you will get from participating in the Certificate of Leadership Development
- Gain a better understanding of your personal leadership strengths and how to showcase your strengths to potential employers
- Practice contributing your strengths to a group project so you have a tangible example of applying your strengths to place on your resume
- Connect with other students within your cohort
- Opportunities to network with alumni and employers who recruit at Chico State
Have questions about the Certificate of Leadership Development?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us in BMU 221.