Do you want to learn more about sustainability, get involved on campus, make new friends, gain leadership experience, and get units? An internship with AS Sustainability might be perfect for you!
The overall goal of the internship program is to offer students the opportunity to engage in student-driven and action-oriented projects and activities, to learn something new, and to have fun. Throughout the semester, students will work directly with a program staff member to implement the goals of a specific initiative, participate in the broader activities of the Sustainability Center, and see a project through from start to finish. Students will choose one of six focus options for their internship.
Internships are available at the start of each semester:
- Get Involved! Meet friends, have fun, and make a difference!
- Gain leadership experience to add to your resume!
- Initiate positive change on your campus!
Project Team Descriptions:
- Sustainable Events: Collaborates with event planners across campus to create sustainable events, manages the Function Junction and the hydration stations and leads monthly creek clean-ups.
- Education and Outreach: Connects the student body with opportunities to directly engage and learn about sustainability via event series, workshops, and a monthly zine. Organizes Earth Month activities.
- Art and Graphics: Promotes ideas of sustainability through a diverse range of artistic expressions, notably graphics, videos, and hands-on projects.
- Compost and Garden: Manages the Compost Garden, hosts workshops, field trips, and volunteer days.
- Sustainability Fund: Promotes the Sustainability Fund, hosts grant workshops, manages finances, and performs administrative duties in support of the Sustainability program.
- Living Roof Research: Conducts research, creates educational material, and gives presentations with the goal of installing a living roof on the BMU.
How to Apply:
Accepting applications until Thursday, February 3rd at noon, or until all positions are filled.
Drop off applications to BMU 220G