The ASCDL is currently OPEN Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. If you have questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.
- The Associated Students Child Development Lab (ASCDL) is an early education and care teaching and learning laboratory
- Accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- Parenting students receive first priority.
- The ASCDL is licensed by the California Department of Social Services through Community Care licensing
- License Numbers: 045403573; 041370381; 041372888
- Hours of Operation: Monday: 7:30am – 5:15pm | Tuesday – Friday: 7:30am – 5:30pm
- Office Location: Aymer J. Hamilton (AJH), Room 120
The Associated Students Child Development Lab has four classrooms:
- The infant room serves children from 2 months to approximately 34 months.
- The toddler room serves children approximately 2 to 3 years.
- Two preschool classrooms serve children approximately 3 to 5 years.
Fully qualified lead staff includes Head Teachers, Teachers, and Part-Time Teachers. Additional staff includes Student Assistants, Interns, and Volunteers.
Willow Room (infants)
The Willow Room serves eight infants providing an intimate, small group care experience. The Willow Room staff provide relationship-based responsive caregiving to support optimum growth and development for infants. We practice primary and individualized care to establish a strong foundation for future learning.
Maple Room (toddlers)
The Maple Room serves eight toddlers providing an intimate, small group care experience. The Maple Room staff provide individual and group learning opportunities that allow toddlers the security to explore their environment, interact with peers, and engage in learning experiences while building curiosity and confidence.
Lilac & Magnolia Rooms (preschoolers)
Magnolia and Lilac Rooms serve approximately 18 children each. The preschool staff focuses on creating a community of learners that are confident and can engage successfully in a group-learning environment. We provide children a range of curriculum experiences and opportunities that support children’s individual development of attention maintenance, self-regulation, social-emotional, language, literacy, cognition, physical, and health skills.
- All of our classroom have the capacity for external observation. The ASCDL partners with the Child Development Department and collaborates with other departments to provide a lab school experience for programs throughout campus.
- We practice intentional teaching, and support children’s development of critical thinking skills, enabling them to be lifelong learners
- Curriculum experiences are supported through teacher and child directed activities, interactions, routine, and the indoor-outdoor environments
- Family engagement is important to us, we welcome you to spend time in the classrooms, and encourage you to participate, as you feel comfortable.