Expectations of Assistant Leader Candidates:
- Must be a current CSU, Chico student and enrolled in at least 6 units
- Must have at least 2 semesters remaining as a student
- Must be able to attend a 20-minute in-person interview in April 2023
Must be able to attend 4-day Foundations of Outdoor Leadership trip in May 2023. Dates and cost are listed on the application.
- If selected for an Assistant Leader internship position, you will be expected to meet the following expectations:
- Ability to attend staff retreats (1-2 days), which typically occur the first weekend after classes begin in the spring and fall semesters
- Ability to attend weekly staff meetings on Wednesdays at 5-6pm
- Willing to assist in leading at least 1-2 Adventure Outings trips each semester
- Willing to obtain and maintain certification in First Aid, Adult/Pediatric CPR, and Epinephrine Auto-Injector
- Willing to enroll in a 2-unit internship class that will require: 2 (1-page) papers, 2 experiential activities, and volunteer hours each semester
- Willing to make progress towards becoming a Trip Leader.