More than a gym!
The WREC is a one-stop shop for campus recreation! Our 130,000 sq. ft. facility is LEED Gold Certified and provides a place for you to play, exercise, and recover. Funded by your student union fees, no additional membership cost is required for Chico State students to use the facility and many of our programs. The WREC is also home to Adventure Outings and Recreational Sports, our campus leaders in outdoor adventure and organized sports. When you visit us, our more than 100 student employees will help connect you with the recreation experience you’re looking for!
How can you WREC?
- We offer over 80 weight machines, 100 cardiovascular machines, and an array of free weights and equipment for everyday use
- Group Exercise classes include: Yoga, Pilates, Spin, Kickboxing, and Dance, to name a few
- Drop in to use the 1/8 mile indoor track, 25-yard x 25-meter pool, 24-person spa, 35-foot climbing wall, or massive bouldering arch
- The climbing wall includes 13 belay stations and offers lessons, along with necessary equipment, to student participants
- Three basketball courts and a multi-activity court create opportunities for basketball, volleyball, badminton, indoor soccer, roller skating, and more
- Hang out, relax, and de-stress in one of our lounges or by the pool
- Rent outdoor gear or register for a guided trip in the Adventure Outings office.
- Connect with Recreational Sports to join an Intramurals League or Sport Club Team