An activity as simple as looking at the flowers around you can be incredibly grounding and calming! Find a flower in your backyard, sit down next to it, and ask some questions. Come up with your own, or use some of ours listed below!
*Note: this process can be a lot like yoga where you might be skeptical of the beneficial effects at first, and when you are done you might end up seeing the world in a whole new way!
- How many colors is the flower made up of?
- How many petals does it have?
- Are there other flowers around it that look the same?
- What type of soil is it growing in? Soft? Compact? Red? Brown? Black?
- Look into the flower and notice the pistils and stamen, notice how delicate and complex the structures are...
Allow yourself to get lost looking at flowers for a bit! This is also a great activity coupled with our previous nature journaling post - recording your observations on paper allows your mind to be more present.
Here is to hoping that our minds can all become a bit more present!