Brooklyn Briggs is the Program Director with Community Action Volunteers in Education (CAVE) overseeing programs such as Torres Shelter, the Wildcat Food Pantry, and Classroom. Follow along with her for a day in her life working with CAVE!

• Why do you think people should apply for this position? I think people should join CAVE to gain real-life experience outside of the classroom. I think volunteering is supplementary to your education and gives you the opportunity to expand your leadership skills, make new connections, and gain valuable life skills and experience.

• Any tips or advice for anyone interested in joining CAVE? For anyone who is interested in joining CAVE, I suggest you join with an open mind and heart, and try something new and outside your comfort zone. I think volunteering is a great way to try new things and do something you maybe wouldn’t typically do.

• Why did you choose to accept or apply for this position? I have been in every position CAVE has to offer, from Volunteer to Volunteer Coordinator to Program Manager, and now Student Program Director. Each position has given me the opportunity to expand my leadership skills, make new connections, and feel more connected to campus. The Student Program Director position allows me to do all those things while also supporting other students in becoming leaders and helping bring their ideas and passions to life.

Want to get involved? CAVE partners with local non-profit agencies to provide one-time and semester-long volunteer opportunities. CAVE offers 10+ semester-long volunteer programs in the local community. Each program has volunteer staff who support the programs - Sign up to be CAVE staff today!

APPLY FOR CAVE STAFF